The 18th International Symposium on Eco-materials Processing and Design
- DATE： February 17-20, 2017
- VENUE： Okinawa jichikaikan, Okinawa, Japan
JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc. (JTB GMT) has been appointed as the official travel agent for Conference tour.
- Date:Feb. 20 9:00-16:20
- Fare:JPY5,000 perperson
- Course:Okinawa Jichikaikan 9:00-----9:30 Shuri Castle 11:00
-----11:40 Okinawa World (Gyokusendo Cave & Kingdom Village) 14:40
-----15:20 Naha Airport 15:50-----16:20 Okinawa Jichikaikan
- Meals:Buffet at Okinawa Word
- Minimum number of participants necessary for the tour:30 persons
- Maximum number of participants for the tour:80 persons
Shuri Castle shows the strong influence of Chinese architecture because the Ryukyu Kingdom extensively traded with China. Ryukyu was a small kingdom, including Okinawa, in vassalage to both Japan and China. The castle was a unique mixture of Japanese and Chinese architectural styles. Nineteen structures stood within its walls. It was the residence of the king and the seat of local government until 1879, when Okinawa was made a prefecture of Japan. The castle was obliterated during the Battle of Okinawa in 1945. In celebration of the 20th anniversary of the reversion of Okinawa in 1972, the Japanese Government rebuilt Shuri Castle. It was opened to the public in 1992. West of the castle, stands Shureimon Gate, which had been used to welcome the Chinese ambassador. It was rebuilt in 1958.
Okinawa World (Gyokusendo Cave & Kingdom Village)
- Gyokusendo Cave
- Gyokusendo Cave is a four-kilometer-long cave renowned for its intricate limestone formations and is the largest cave of its kind in the Orient. With 900,000 stalagmites and stalactites near limpid streams, the cave offers exquisite and mysterious scenery as one walks along the dimly lit path. The cave is the first in the world to be equipped with an escalator. It is located in Gyokusendo Kingdom Villa, a cultural theme park. The park demonstrates such Okinawan crafts and arts as glass blowing, pottery and textile dyeing.
- Kingdom Village
- Theme park of traditional arts and crafts of Okinawa with tropical fruit trees constructed at Gyokusendo Cave. This theme park consists of 10 zones: Gyokusendo Cave, Tropical Garden of Fruit Trees, Workshop of Ryukyu Glass and Pottery, Folkcraft Village, Awamori Sake Brewery, etc.
Please refer to the details on the following URL.
APPLICATION AND PAYMENT
- Participants wishing to reserve tours should apply online no later than Jan.26, 2017.
- Application should be accompanied by a remittance covering total tour fare due JTB GMT.
- No reservation will be confirmed in the absence of this payment. Personal checks are not accepted. All payment must be in Japanese yen. If the remittance covers more than one person, please inform us the name of each participant.
- Payment should be in the form of:
- - One of the following credit cards:
1. VISA 2. MasterCard 3. Diners Club 4. AMEX 5. JCB
- - A bank transfer to JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc. (Message: ISEPD2017)
Account at The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd. Shin-Marunouchi Branch (swift code: BOTKJPJT) 1-4-1, Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0005 Japan (Account number: 4760343)
- * After making a remittance, please send us a copy of the bank receipt to avoid possible confusion.
Your reservation would be completed upon receipt of your online tour reservation information and verifying your payment.
The Confirmation button will be displayed when you complete your reservation. Please print your confirmation slip by clicking the Confirmation button and bring it with you on the departure date.
In the event of cancellation, the following cancellation fees will be deducted before any refund is made.
|Time of cancellation
|(1) If notice of cancellation is received by GMT 8days or more days prior to the starting date of the tour
|(2) If notice of cancellation is received by GMT 7 days to 2 days prior to the starting date of the tour
||30% of the tour fare
|(3) If notice of cancellation is received by GMT 1 day prior to the starting date of the tour
||40% of the tour fare
|(4) If notice of cancellation is received by GMT prior to the starting time of the tour
||50% of the tour fare
|(5) If notice of cancellation is received by GMT after day of departure, or in case of failure to show without notice
||100% of the tour fare
Tours are operated by,
- JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
- Convention Center (CD102924-001)
- (Before 3rd Jan.)
- 2-3-11 Higashi-Shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 140-8604 Japan
- (After 4th Jan.)
- 2-3-14 Higashi-Shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku Tokyo 140-8604 Japan
- Commissioner of Japan Tourism Agency
- Registered Travel Agency No. 1723
- Shigeaki Ito, Certified Travel Service Manager